Pfeiffera erecta Ritt.-"Taxon",
XIII: 3, 116.1964.
Info from Backebergs Lexicon
Reduced to synonymy under L. ianthothele by Barthlott
and Taylor Bradleya 13 - back to Pfeirrera
- Body. erect, to 30cm high., little branching;
- Shoots 6 - 12 mm diam ; ribs. 5 - 7, to 2.5 mm high ;
- Areoles. white, round, 3 - 5 mm apart;
- Spines. 12-16, thin, whitish, 4 - l0 mm long.
- Flower. 1.5 cm long., white;
- Petals. obtuse above, emarginate;
- Tube. without a nectary;
- Ovary. with minute red scales and fine white bristles;
- Filament, style and Stigma. white
- Fruit. 1 cm long., dark green, with thin white bristles;
- Seed. l.5 mm long., glossy, black, smooth.
- Habitat - Bolivia (Dept. Santa Cruz, Prov. Valle Grande, W. of Valle
Grande, on the slopes downto the Rio Mizque (FR 883).