Rhipsalis wercklei Berger, Monatschr. Kakteenk. 16: 64. (1906)
Reduced to synonymy under R. micrantha f. micrantha
by Barthlott and Taylor Bradleya 13
Info from Backeberg’s Lexicon and Flora of Costa Rica 1937/8
- Body. shrubby, branching from the base and higher, hanging, to 1.5
- Shoots fresh green, primary shoots mostly 3-angled, robust, spreading
and projecting, truncate above, with fairly broad surfaces, in 3’s
and 5's one above the other at the apex, tipped with 1-2 (-3) flattened
shoots, these in turn with 1-2 similar shoots, 15 (-20) cm long, linear,
rather bluntly tapering to both ends, to 1.8 cm broad at midway, angles
little sunken, middle vein distinct;
- Flowers. lateral, to 9 mm diam., creamy-white;
- Petals 4, sepals 2
- Ovary. naked or with 1 minute scale, greemsh to yellowish-white.
- Fruit white, globose, naked or with a few small scales, 5 mm long
Habitat Costa Rica (near Navarro).
Notes from Flora of Costa Rica 1937/8 “Closely relayed to R.
tonduzii, from which Britton and Rose were unable to distinguish
it, although they did not reduce it to synonymy”